QWorld Quantum Science Days 2023 (QSD 2023) is a scientific meeting organized by QWorld (Association) to provide opportunities to the quantum community to present and discuss their research results at all levels (from short projects to thesis work to research publications), and to get to know each other.
The event is held online by using a Discord server and Zoom meetings between 10:00 and 18:30 (UTC) on May 29-31, 2023.
INVITED SPEAKERS (confirmed)
- Monika Aidelsburger (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München)
- Julia Cramer (Universiteit Leiden)
- Francesco Petruccione (University of Stellenbosch, University of KwaZulu-Natal, NITheCS, South Africa)
- Özlem Salehi (QWorld & Institute of Theoretical and Applied Informatics, Polish Academy of Sciences): Near-optimal circuit design for variational quantum optimization
- Yanzhu Chen (Virginia Tech): Improving variational quantum algorithms with an adaptive technique
- Igor Dotsenko (Laboratoire Kastler Brossel, Collège de France): Circular Rydberg atoms for quantum simulations
- Volodymyr Tkachuk (Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Ukraine): Studies of spin systems on a quantum computer
- Rayssa Bruzaca de Andrade (Womanium & NKT Photonics): Probing biological samples with quantum light
THEMATIC SESSION “Building an Open Quantum Ecosystem” (confirmed)
- Yasser Omar (PQI – Portuguese Quantum Institute & IST, University of Lisbon): The World Quantum Day – 14 April
- Brian Ingmanson (IBM Quantum): Qiskit Fall Fest: Building a Quantum Community With a Student-First Approach
- Radha Pyari Sandhir (IBM Quantum): Quantum Explorers: A Game-based Approach to Quantum Education
- Paweł Gora (QWorld): The QCousins Program – Building a Global Network of Quantum Computing Groups
- Marlou Slot & Prachi Vakharia (Womanium): Womanium Quantum & Entrepreneurship – Igniting the Quantum Leaders of Tomorrow
- Jen Dodd (Xanadu): QHack, The One-of-a-kind Quantum Hackathon
- Andris Ambainis (University of Latvia): Latvian Quantum Initiative
Submit your work by filling the following Google form, and (i) either upload a manuscript or an extended abstract of around two pages through the form (ii) or provide a link (e.g., arXiv or DOI) to your (published) work.
Submissions are closed on April 14, 2023.
Based on sponsorship, we will also have a thematic “Industrial Session” hosting the talks by gold or silver level sponsors.
- James Robin Wootton (IBM Research, Zurich)
- Alessandra Di Pierro (University of Verona, Italy)
- Marlou Slot, co-chair (Womanium & NIST, USA)
- Radha Pyari Sandhir (IBM Quantum)
- Laura Piispanen (Aalto University, Finland)
- Orsolya Kalman (QHungary & Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Hungary)
- Jibran Rashid (QWorld & Institute of Business Administration, Karachi, Pakistan)
- Taha Rouabah (CQTech & University of Constantine 1, Algeria)
- Katarzyna Rycerz (AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland)
- Andrii Semenov (Bogolyubov Institute for Theoretical Physics, Ukraine)
- Abuzer Yakaryilmaz, co-chair (QWorld & University of Latvia)
REGISTRATION & CERTIFICATES
If you have a budget to attend a scientific event (e.g., scientific grant), we expect you to pay the full or a discounted registration fee. If you do not have such a budget, you are welcome to attend our event free of charge. Please check the details on the event page.
EVENT PAGE & CONTACT