QuiX Quantum is at the forefront of the development of photonic quantum computing, a rapidly developing sector. Since our start in 2019, we have presented two world record-breaking quantum photonic processors. As a fast-growing company, we are now looking for Integrated Photonics Designer for our new subsidiary in Ulm, Germany.
QuiX Quantum will build a universal photonic quantum computer at the DLR Innovation Center in Ulm as part of a development contract. The contract has already been awarded and QuiX Quantum plans to build a team of 10-15 employees on site. This is the first ever sale of a universal QC in the world and therefore a unique opportunity to help shape the future of quantum computing.
What will you be doing?
As an integrated photonics designer, you will be part of the engineering team, that works on developing the next generation of our photonic quantum computer as part of DLR’s Quantum Computing Initiative. Your tasks include optical design and layout of integrated photonic circuits as well as optical simulations.
You will take care of:
• Design and development of our new generation of photonic quantum computers
• Design and layout of integrated photonic components like waveguides, resonators, filters, couplers, modulators and delay lines based on SiN waveguides.
• Photonic system design
• Work in a multidisciplinary team in close collaboration with quantum system architects and engineers.
• Improvement on existing building blocks for device fabrication
• Report results and attend weekly meetings
• Communications with photonic foundries
We can shape the position depending on seniority.
What we ask of you:
• Relevant technical background in integrated photonics or quantum optics
• Experience with Photonic chip design and optical simulations
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Good communication skills and teamwork
• Passion for your profession
• Pro-active, innovative, accurate and independent style of working
• Proficiency in English language (verbal & written), German is a plus
What to expect from us:
Working in a start-up means that your work contributes directly to the direction of the company. Together, we work on awesome and challenging projects in a high-tech and innovative environment. Everyone has their own specialty and together we form a dynamic and diverse team.
Your workplace will be in Ulm, Germany. As we have become used in recent years, occasionally working at home is possible. The working language of our company is English, reporting and communication with the DLR will be in German.
The position is full time. Your salary depends on both your education and experience. We have many educational opportunities and a generous number of vacation days.
Are you as excited as we are to contribute to the fastest way to a quantum future? Do you want to be part of our journey to develop the world’s best quantum computer? Then join us!
For more info and applications, contact email@example.com.