We are inviting applications for PhD and postdoc positions as part of the ERC project Symmetry and Optimization at the Frontiers of Computation (SYMOPTIC).
* Are you fascinated by what can be computed efficiently and what not?
* Are you interested in finding hidden symmetries behind computational problems?
* Would you like to explore the common mathematical structure behind computational complexity and quantum entanglement?
* Or discover connections between difficult problems arising in algebra, geometry and quantum information?
* Would you like to design new optimization algorithms that exploit symmetries, to solve problems from ML to combinatorial optimization?
* Or understand if quantum computers can solve such problems faster?
If your answer to any of these questions is yes, then we hope that you will apply!