I am looking for motivated scientists to join my group at the University of Augsburg, Germany.
You will work on the project: Universal quantum computer with Kitaev transmon qubits.
The Kitaev transmon qubit is a hybrid semiconductor-superconductor qubit fabricated by embedding an array of quantum dots with superconducting coupling (forming a Kitaev chain) in a transmon architecture. You will work on designing and optimizing new qubit gate schemes for control and manipulation of these qubits.
- Completed master studies in physics or related field.
- Solid knowledge of quantum mechanics, including solid-state physics, second quantization, and density matrix formalism.
- Numerical programming practice (python, Matlab or similar) and basic use of mathematical computer tools (Wolfram Mathematica or similar).
- Practical knowledge of English.
- Preferably some knowledge of topological matter, quantum devices, and/or quantum algorithms.
The position is for a fixed term of 4 years, with starting date October 1st 2023.
Pay in line with 75% of pay group 13 of the Collective Agreement (TV-L).
Send by email your CV, letter of motivation, and the name and contact data from a possible reference.