Summary of Position and Responsibilities
Xanadu, a well-funded quantum computing startup located in downtown Toronto, is looking for quantum software developers. As part of the Xanadu Software Team, the candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining cutting-edge software libraries focused on quantum computing, machine learning, quantum simulation. Further duties include contributing to the development of a quantum cloud platform.
The selected candidate must possess the ability to learn advanced scientific and technical concepts quickly and with minimal direction. Strong technical skills and a demonstrated ability to learn new concepts is important for this position. Experience in both quantum computing and software development is essential.
Required qualifications and experience
• Minimum of BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, or related field
• Demonstrated education or training in quantum computing
• Software development skills, demonstrated via a public online portfolio (i.e., GitHub account, contributions to open source projects, etc.)
• Previous experience with software best practices, including continuous-integration pipelines, unit testing, code review
• Experience working with several programming languages (most important are Python, C/C++)
• Strong mathematical sophistication
• Self-motivated with a willingness to learn
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• High level of professionalism
Preferred qualifications and experience
• Graduate degree (MSc, PhD) in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, or related field
• Expertise in quantum computing, as demonstrated by extensive coursework, thesis, or peer-reviewed publications
• Experience with numerical computation and high-performance computing
Additional beneficial skills or experience
• Experience with web development (frontend or backend)
• Exposure/familiarity to machine learning/deep learning
Xanadu is a technology start-up focused on building a full-stack photonic quantum computer. With a team of top-tier researchers from all over the world leading the technical development, Xanadu’s mission is focused on building a full-stack photonic quantum computer.
Xanadu has secured a large seed funding round from world-class venture capitalists. We are always on the lookout to recruit the best-in-class talent to support the development and execution of our technology, which will drive new innovations and generate lasting global impacts.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your CV to the Xanadu Software Team (email@example.com).