starting as soon as possible. The position (75% regular working time) entails a fixed-term con- tract for the duration of a PhD project. The successful applicant will be working on a cooperation project at the connection of Theoretical Physics and Experimental Physics. This position is lim- ited to 3 years (according to the German law “Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz“) and includes a teaching responsibility of up to 3 hours per week. The possibility to graduate as a PhD is provided.
• Development and application of microscopic theoretical models for the analysis of the interaction between semiconductor nanostructures in microcavities and light using semiclassical and fully quantized formulations, i.e., classical and quantum light.
• Development and application of efficient numerical simulations with a special focus on nonlinear optical experiments, e.g., four-wave mixing and multi-wave mixing, and quantum optical excitation and photonic quantum correlations in the signals.
• Numerical simulations for experimental setups and results of our project partners and proposals of promising experimental configurations.
• Excellent Master’s degree in physics or a closely related, relevant subject
• Background in at least one of the following fields:
o Coherent semiconductor optics
o Theoretical quantum optics
o Numerical simulation of nonlinear optics or quantum optics
Paderborn University is a family-friendly university and supports its employees with the com- patibility of career and family. We make personnel decisions based on qualifications, skills, and academic achievements. Applications from women are particularly welcome and, in case of equal qualifications and experience, will receive preferential treatment according to state law (LGG). Part-time employment is generally possible. Qualified disabled people (in the sense of the German social law SGB IX) are also encouraged to apply.
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Torsten Meier. Please send your application AS A SINGLE PDF FILE in German or English to email@example.com referring to the reference no. 5621 until 09. December , 2022.
Information regarding the processing of your personal data can be located at: https://www.uni- paderborn.de/en/zv/personaldatenschutz