Since even quantum computer scientists have to use classical computers, this article describes some software related to quantum information theory.
Visualisation of circuits
- QASM is a language for description of quantum circuit. It can be used to obtain graphical representation of quantum circuit as a PNG files or textual representation as TeX commands. QASM interpreter was written in Python programming language.QASM was used to prepare circuits for the book Quantum computation and quantum information by M. Nielsen and I. Chuang.
- Quantum Markup Language was developed by Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Architecture and Software Technology. It is defined in XML and can be easily processed.
- Q-circuit is a macro package for drawing quantum circuit diagrams in LaTeX.
- Mathematica is a symbolic calculation system with a rich library of packages, including QuCalc, QDENSITY and qmatrix quantum computation packages.
- Matlab is a high-level language and interactive environment for numerical simulations. Quantum packages fo Matlab: Quack!, M-fun, Qubit4matlab
- GNU Octave is a open soure, high-level language for numerical computations. Package quantum-octave implements some functions related to quantum computation.
Monday, October 26, 2015 - 17:56