6-years Researcher Position at the Physics of Information and Quantum Technologies Group, Lisbon
The Physics of Information and Quantum Technologies Group, at Instituto de Telecomunicacoes (in Lisbon, Portugal), is opening a 6-years Researcher position, available to start in March 2019 (earlier also possible).
The candidates need to have a PhD degree and research experience in at least one of the following areas: quantum information theory, quantum computation, quantum matter, quantum optics, quantum networks, quantum thermodynamics.
Applications should be submitted by 7 December 2018, but earlier applications are welcome and will be processed immediately.
The position will remain open if adequate candidates are not identified.
The application is constituted by the following documents:
1. curriculum vitae of the applicant;
2. statement of research interests, including a short description of the candidate's scientific background, motivation and skills;
3. two letters of recommendation (in alternative, the contact information of two persons able to provide references is also accepted).
The application should be sent by e-mail, following the instructions below (where "Surname" refers to the surname of the candidate):
- the documents above should be sent in a single PDF file, named "RP Surname" (recommendation letters may be sent separately, but should still follow the two steps below);
- the e-mail subject should be "RP Surname";
- the e-mail should be sent to: phys-info-jobs (at) lx.it.pt
Applications that are incomplete or do not comply with the above instructions may not be evaluated.
Short-listed applicants may be invited for one or several interviews following the submission of their application.
The Physics of Information and Quantum Technologies Group promotes research and advanced training aiming at understanding and exploiting the role of quantum physics, of thermodynamics, and of relativity in the encoding, detection, transmission and processing of information, as well as at exploring the insights quantum information brings into fundamental physics. It develops theory work and is involved in a number of experimental collaborations and international projects, namely two Quantum Flagship projects and one QuantERA project. It also coordinates the Doctoral Programme in the Physics and Mathematics of Information, at the University of Lisbon.
The group is part of Instituto de Telecomunicações (IT), a national research lab in Lisbon, Portugal, rated Excellent in all international assessments.
The group is located in the campus of Instituto Superior Técnico (IST, the School of Science and Engineering of the University of Lisbon), in Lisbon, Portugal.
More information can be found at: http://www.phys-info.org/