Associate Professor at Telecom ParisTech - Quantum Information and Post Quantum Cryptography
Open permanent position at Telecom ParisTech
Associate Professor on Quantum Information and Post Quantum Cryptography
The Quantum Information and Applications (IQA) group of Telecom Paristech is conducting a research activity centered on quantum information, quantum communication and cryptography. This research combines theoretical work on quantum information, communication and quantum cryptographic protocols with the development of an experimental platform allowing experimental demonstrations of quantum communication protocols.
The successful candidate will take part in the research projects lead in the team, and will also initiate new research projects, in particular on quantum information and post-quantum cryptography. Research results will be published in leading journals and conferences. Activities in scientific bodies, organization of special sessions, workshops as well as involvements in committees of scientific conferences will also be encouraged, as they contribute to the visibility.
Teaching can be done at bachelor level, in computer science and maths, and also at master level in more specialized courses, such as information theory, algebra, quantum physics, quantum information, cryptography.
Requirements and procedure
• Education PhD or equivalent
• An international postdoctoral experience is welcome but not mandatory
• English: fluent; French: good or the candidate should be willing to acquire proficiency.
Knowledge and experience required:
• Research publications in quantum information and cryptography.
• Teaching experience at the university level
• Capacity to manage research projects, to collaborate and also secure research funding
Other Qualities and skills:
• Capacity to work in a team and develop good relationships with colleagues and peers • Excellent writing and pedagogical skills
• Permanent position
• Place of work: Paris until 2019, and then Palaiseau (Paris outskirt)
• Official announcement of the position (in French)
Application should include :
• A complete and detailed curriculum vitae
• A letter of motivation,
• A document detailing past activities of the candidate in Teaching and Research: the two
types of activities will be described with the same level of detail and rigor.
• The text of the main publications,
• The names and addresses of two references,
• A teaching project (maximum 3 pages) and a research project in connection with some of
the research topics of the IQA group (maximum 3 pages)
• May 5th, 2017: application deadline
• June 2017: interviews (possibly by visio-conference) • Fall 2017: beginning
Isabelle Zaquine (Head of the IQA group) firstname.lastname@example.org
Romain Alléaume email@example.com
Zahir Abela (Human Resources Officer) firstname.lastname@example.org