The Institute for Theoretical Physics at the University of Ulm invites applications for PhD and postdoctoral positions in theoretical quantum physics.
Several openings will be available in the recently awarded 5 year Reinhart Koselleck Project of the German Research Council to Prof Martin Plenio for which we are seeking applicants with an interest in
- signal processing methods applied to nanoscale NMR and quantum sensing,
- quantum sensing with colour centers in diamond, and
- DNP based on diamond quantum technologies.
Furthermore, we are seeking applicants to work in the general areas of the group
- the theory of quantum information, entanglement and coherence, and thermodynamics,
- diamond quantum technologies for sensing, QIP and simulation and medical imaging,
- open quantum systems and control,
- quantum optics with a focus on time-multiplexed optical networks,
- quantum effects in biology,
- quantum many body systems and control, and
- quantum simulators in atomic, molecular and optical systems.
in collaboration with Prof. Susana Huelga
As a member of the Institute of Theoretical Physics, you will be a part of a diverse world-leading team and will have the opportunity to work on challenging and important problems in quantum physics including the above-mentioned topics of focus. The group has a longstanding track record of successful cooperation with experimental teams in and out of Ulm. Collaborations within the framework on the Center for Integrated Quantum Science and Technology (IQST https://iqst.org/) including local start-up NVision Imaging Technologies are also encouraged.
Applications can be submitted preferably before 01 September 2019 or otherwise anytime throughout the year at http://qubit-ulm.com/category/vacancies/ .