Description of tasks
Study of fundamental bounds and optimal protocols in quantum metrology in presence of realistic noise models in optical and atomic systems both in single and multiparamter problems as well as investigations of connections between quantum metrology and quantum thermodynamics.
The candidates have to conform to the conditions stated in art. 113 of Higher Education Law dated 20.07.2018 (Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2018, item 1668).
• PhD degree in the field of physics obtained no earlier than 7 years before the year of employment in the project
• research experience in theoretical quantum information and quantum metrology
• significant scientific publication record
• very good English
• experience in supervising research of younger colleagues/students is welcomed
Work will be performed at the Institue of Theoretical Physics, Faculty of Physics University of Warsaw, under the supervision of dr. hab. Rafał Demkowicz-Dobrzański (the PI of the project)
The full-time position is available for a period of 20 months starting autumn 2019. For additional questions please contact dr. hab. Rafał Demkowicz-Dobrzański (email@example.com)
The candidate should provide the following documents:
1. Application for the position. In case of submitting the application by e-mail, please use the pdf-format and the file should contain a scanned signature.
2. Information on the processing of personal data - information clause and consent clause - attachment to the announcement (available on the website http://bsp.adm.uw.edu.pl/bsp/druki-i-formularze/). In case of submitting the application by e-mail, please use the pdf-format and the file should contain a scanned signature.
3. curriculum vitae containing information on current research activities, on past achievements and the research interests together with a full list of publications accompanied by respective number of citations
4. copy of the PhD diploma or certificate of a successfully passed PhD exam and copies of other diplomas obtained
5. reference letter from at least one renowned researcher, sent directly by the person providing the references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be submitted by e-mail in pdf electronic format to email@example.com
Application deadline is April 30th 2010, 23:59. All applicants will be informed individually on the decision and the date of a potential qualification interview via email.
The entire qualification procedure will be concluded before the 30th of June 2019. The candidate may be
asked for an interview with the commission appointed by the Dean of the Faculty
The starting date for the position is autumn 2019. Before being employed candidates should deliver the originals of all the submitted documents. This announcement is the first step in the procedure of employing an academic teacher