Research Scientist – Cambridge
The company’s Cambridge-based quantum software team are seeking to hire a post-doctoral research scientist. This is a permanent full time position. You will design quantum algorithms to solve real-world problems using current and near future quantum devices. You will work with our software development team to help realise these algorithms as part of t|ket>, our quantum software platform.
You will be collaborating with a small team of scientists and software developers, and will have input in the entire development process through original research, development, and implementation. You will occasionally meet with end-users to discuss problems and seek. You will have the freedom to pursue your own ideas, think independently and creatively in the team, and make a real impact.
- A PhD in Quantum Algorithms, Quantum Computation, Quantum Chemistry, Quantum Simulation or a related discipline.
- Ability to conduct original research and communicate technical material clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand technical and advanced research material.
- Comfortable working in a team and communicating ideas that can be understood by others.
- Able to work independently and manage your time well.
- Some programming experience, preferably in C/C++ or Python.
- Familiarity with the relevant research literature.
All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The successful candidate will be compensated with a highly competitive salary and will join the company’s attractive share option and bonus scheme.
Applicants should send a CV with cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org